Last Updated: 04/30/2021
Collection of Information
Use of Information
Sharing of Information
Advertising and Analytics
Transfer of Information to the United States and Other Countries Your Choices
Additional Disclosures for Individuals in Europe
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
Whether you are a supporter, a part of an organization, an individual researcher, you just someone who is interested in our cause or visits our app or websites, we collect information you provide directly to us. For example, you share information directly with us when you create an account, sign up to receive email updates, fill out a form, submit or post content through our Services, communicate with us via third-party platforms, participate in a contest or promotion, request customer support, apply for a job, fellowship, volunteering opportunity, or internship, or otherwise communicate with us. We also collect information about you, including when you make a donation, purchase merchandise, attend one of our events, or participate in one of our programs. The types of personal information we may collect include your name, email address, organization, postal address, phone number, payment information, donation history, the programs you participate in, photos, videos, audio recordings, and other information or media you choose to provide or upload to the Services.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Interact with Us
When you access or use our Services or otherwise interact with us, we automatically collect certain information, including:
● Activity Information: We collect information about your activity on our Services, such as people you search for, your connections with other users, and people or causes you choose to follow.
● Transactional Information: When you make a donation, we collect information about the transaction, such as donation details, amount, and date and location of the transaction.
● Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, and app version. We also collect information about your activity on our Services, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
● Location Information: In accordance with your device permissions, we may collect information about the precise location of your device. You may stop the collection of precise location information at any time (see the Your Choices section below for details)
● Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and our service providers) use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information about you. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that we use on our Services and in our emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see the Your Choices section below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We obtain information from third-party sources. For example, we may collect information about you from data analytics providers or other users. Additionally, if you make a donation to one of our causes or programs on a third-party platform, we may receive some information back from the platform operator, including donor name and amount of the donation Additionally, if you create or log into your Key Conservation account through a third-party platform (such as Facebook or Google), we will have access to certain information from that platform, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such platform.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to administer your account. We also use the information we collect to:
● Provide, maintain, and improve our products and services;
● Facilitate your participation in events and programs that we and our partners host or provide and
your interaction with other participants in such events and programs;
● Process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations, receipts, invoices, and surveys;
● Personalize and improve your experience on our Services;
● Send you technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
● Respond to your comments and questions and provide support;
● Communicate with you about features, opportunities, and events offered by Key Conservation and others and provide news and information that we think will interest you (see the Your Choices section below for information about your choices with respect to these communications);
● Solicit volunteers, donations, and support for Key Conservation;
● Produce research and generate publications, including where we see correlations between the
support of individuals and an increase in species survival patterns;
● Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
● Personalize the advertisements you see on third-party platforms and websites (for more
information, see the Advertising and Analytics section below);
● Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
● Detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or
illegal activity and protect the rights and property of Key Conservation and others;
● Debug to identify and repair errors in our Services;
● Comply with our legal and financial obligations; and
● Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We share personal information in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this policy:
● We share personal information with vendors, service providers, and consultants that need access to personal information in order to perform services for us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, payment processing, and marketing and advertising.
● If you post content in another public area of our Services, we may share this information publicly, including on our Services.
● With other users, volunteers, or program participants who work on similar causes or projects with you, at your request;
● If you choose to use integrations we offer on our Services, such as sharing your location through our ESRI integration, we may share certain information with the integration partners.
● We may disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
● We may share personal information if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of Key Conservation, our users, the public, or others.
● We share personal information with our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
● We may share personal information in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of organization assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our organization by another business or organization.
● Personal information is shared between and among Key Conservation and our current and future parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries, and other organizations under common control and ownership.
● We share personal information with your consent or at your direction. -3-
We also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS
We also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of customized campaigns on third-party platforms (such as Facebook and Instagram). As part of these ad campaigns, we or the third-party platforms may convert information about you, such as your email address and phone number, into a unique value that can be matched with a user account on these platforms to allow us to learn about your interests and serve you advertising that is customized to your interests. Note that the third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see these types of customized ads.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE UNITED STATES AND OTHER COUNTRIES
Key Conservation is headquartered in the United States, and we have operations and service providers in the United States and other countries. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection that are equivalent to those of your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
You may update and correct certain account information at any time by logging into your account, or emailing us at .
When you first launch our mobile app that collect precise location information, you will be asked to consent to the app’s collection of this information. If you initially consent to our collection of such location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. You may also stop our collection of this location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile apps from your device. If you stop our collection of this location information, some features of our Services may no longer function properly.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Key Conservation by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing relations.
Mobile Push Notifications
With your consent, we may send push notifications to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES FOR INDIVIDUALS IN EUROPE
If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA), the United Kingdom, or Switzerland, you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data, and this section applies to you.
Legal Basis for Processing
When we process your personal data, we will do so in reliance on the following lawful bases:
● To perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., processing payments for and providing the products and services you requested).
● When we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data to operate our business or protect our interests (e.g., to provide, maintain, and improve our Services, conduct data analytics, and communicate with you).
● To comply with our legal obligations (e.g., to maintain a record of your consents and track those who have opted out of certain communications).
● When we have your consent to do so (e.g., when you opt in to location services). When consent is the legal basis for our processing your personal data, you may withdraw such consent at any time.
We store other personal data for as long as necessary to carry out the purposes for which we originally collected it and for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations.
Data Subject Requests
Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to request access to the personal data we hold about you and to receive your data in a portable format, the right to ask that your personal data be corrected or erased, and the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at .
Questions or Complaints
If you have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority where you reside. Contact details for your Data Protection Authority can be found using the links below:
For individuals in the EEA: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en
For individuals in the UK: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
For individuals in Switzerland: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home/the-fdpic/contact.html